Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Review: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi


Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi

Goodreads Blurb

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.








This was recommended to me by a lot of people, so I thought I'd give it a shot and see what the fuss was all about.


When I first started reading it, I was a little confused. The writing was a little different, then anything I've ever read. I didn't know if the copy I bought was a computer error or if the author made a lot of mistakes and this was just the draft and not the finished copy. But as I kept reading it, I realised that this is part of the story. That those crossed out words and repetitions was how the main character spoke and thought and I got used to it. 



Mainly because the storyline was really intriguing and I found myself hanging on to every word. It was different, you never knew what was gonna happen next. There were a lot of surprises and revelations I never knew to think of. 



I definitely love the connection between Juliette and Adam and was #TeamADAM all the way. I like how they're so drawn to each other but have to keep it on the down low on the base. But once their free of that place their chemistry was like WHOA! Everyone on Twitter was on team Warner, but I found Warner a little bit on the Psycho angle, but I guess will learn more about him on the next book (Destroy Me).



This book was entertaining, captivating and hilarious and made me slightly jealous of Juliette that she's got Adam's attention... lol 
But the character I found that I wish had more part of was Adam's little bro James. I found him so cute! He made me wish I had him as a brother (no offense to my brother or anything lol). I also love Adam and James relationship, that even though they've been apart for months their still so close. 





No comments:

Post a Comment