Monday, February 18, 2013

Mary's Review #1

Altered (Altered #1) by Jennifer Rush

Goodreads Blurb: When you can’t trust yourself, who can you believe?

Everything about Anna’s life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There’s Nick, Cas, Trev . . . and Sam, who’s stolen Anna’s heart. When the Branch decides it’s time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them. 

Anna is torn between following Sam or staying behind in the safety of her everyday life. But her father pushes her to flee, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs. There’s just one problem. Sam and the boys don’t remember anything before living in the lab—not even their true identities.

Now on the run, Anna soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they’re both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away.

My Review: 
Started reading it and I just couldn't put it down! It's Addicting and Amazing and was just something I didn't expect! It was an awesome read from start to finish! I loved every moment of it and I can't wait for the second book! :D It is definitely a MUST-READ! You'll just LOVE the four boys, especially Sam! :)

                          Check out the book and author on Goodreads!


Do Over by Emily Evans


Goodreads Blurb: “Run Paisley run. Don’t look at Trey as boyfriend-material. He’s ridiculously smoking hot, but when he dates--he’s cheetah fast. Quick to catch you. Then gone.” 

My BFF is right. Trey’s not for me. 

I know what I want out of senior year: an artistic guy, a perfect prom, and a plan to reunite my parents. I can make those happen if I have a magical crystal like the one I saw at the museum. I need that Do Over stone. 

How to use the power…hmm…Trey’s an über-jock with commitment issues. Can I turn him into the perfect boyfriend? Maybe with a thousand do overs.




My Review:         My GoodReads Review - Do Over
I pretty much devoured this book from start to finish in just a couple of hours. I couldn't put it down! It was addicting, funny, sweet and just so full of romance that I didn't want it to end! I just LOVE Trey! I will definitely be re-reading this! :-)

                                        Check out the book and author on Goodreads!



Temptation (Temptation #1) by Karen Ann Hopkins


Goodreads Blurb: Your heart misleads you.
That's what my friends and family say.  

But I love Noah. 
And he loves me.  

We met and fell in love in the sleepy farming community of Meadowview, while we rode our horses together through the grassy fields and in those moments in each other's arms. 

It should be  

ROSE & NOAH  

forever, easy. 

But it won't be. 

Because he's Amish. 
And I'm not.

 When I read the words 'Amish' I thought "Hmm...this isn't really my type of book. But when I started reading it, this book totally took me by suprise! I love the chemistry & romance between Rose & Noah and how far they'll go to be together. Even when they're apart, they still can't stop thinking about each other.  I also love the differences between the two worlds and the interaction of Rose and her brothers. This book is fascinating, romantic and funny. And with that ending I so can't wait to read book 2! :D The cover also helped to sway my decision into reading it, I mean common ain't that cover beautiful?


                           Check out the book and author on Goodreads!







No comments:

Post a Comment