Monday, February 18, 2013

Mary's Review #2

Double Crossed: A Spies and Thieves Story by Ally Carter


Goodreads Blurb: Macey McHenry—Glamorous society girl or spy-in-training?

W.W. Hale V—Heir to an American dynasty or master thief?

There are two sides to every coin. Whether these two can work together is a tossup.

Born into privilege, Macey and Hale are experts at mingling with the upper class. But even if they’ve never raised an eyebrow at the glitz, neither teenager has ever felt at home with the glamour.

When Macey and Hale meet at a society gala, the party takes a dangerous turn. Suddenly they’re at the center of a hostage situation, and it’s up to them to stop the thugs from becoming hostile. Will Macey’s spy skills and Hale’s con-man ways be enough to outsmart a ruthless gang? Or will they have to seek out the ultimate inside girl to help?

The worlds of Heist Society and the Gallagher Girls collide in Ally Carter’s fast-paced, high-stakes and tantalizing new story. Get a behind the scenes glimpse as Ally delivers an irresistible thriller that is full of her signature style and savvy twists.



My Review: (Contains some SPOILERS!)     

Okay, so I haven't read an Ally Carter book since early last year when GG5 first came out. But reading this novella simply reminded me exactly why I fell in love with Ally Carter's writing. Simply put, she's amazing! Her storylines are intriguing and mysterious and the characters are funny and captivating and makes you wish you knew people like them or are them. ;) And everytime one of my questions such as 'Oh no why is Hale pushing his mother into an elevator?!' has been answered another one pops up (the last elevator slid slowly open and two men in masks rushed out.) to keep me interested till the very last page and goes to show why she's an awesome author!

In Double Crossed, we get to read some parts in Hale's POV, which is just so cool, I can't even begin to tell you how much! We also see exactly how he feels towards Kat. Which is a lot more obvious through the use of Macey's POV ;)But don't get me wrong his still the same charming, flirtatous, swoonworthy W. W. Hale V that we love! And his still delivering those wonderful comments we just love, such as this one... 
“You’re late,” Kat said as soon as Hale put the phone to his ear. She wasn’t the kind of girl to wait for hello.
“What can I say? Macey McHenry has been throwing herself at me….”
“See, that’s the kind of thing that would make me jealous if she weren’t way out of your league.”
“You know, if I had feelings, that might have hurt them.”


As much as I would have loved to see Zach and Cammie in this novella. I still think it's so awesome that Macey and Abby are in it to add that Gallagher girl touch to the book as well as their character personalities that we love, such as Macey's covert skills and why she's kickass and Abby's awesome intuition such as finding who the bad guy is, which I would have never guessed! Because I'm pretty sure throughout the whole novella, my brain was trying to pick a side of either spies or thief's...And I still can't choose! 

But the ending...oh man the ending! Ally Carter, I have just got to say, that is such an AWESOME ending! It was sweet, mysterious and alluring! I mean how totally awesome would it be if Katarina Bishop was a Gallagher girl?!

After reading this novella I'm suddenly in the mood for an Ally Carter Book Marathon of the Gallagher Girls & Heist society Series and I'm even more impatient for Heist Society 3 to come out! Which is lucky it comes out next month! or I might have gone cray-cray! :D And the last Gallagher Girl book is hopefully coming out towards the end of the year, so THAT I'm definitely hyped about! since it was the Gallagher Girl Series that got me hooked into YA Books. 

In overall Double Crossed is a MUST-READ novella!!! :D


                                            Check out the book and author on Goodreads






No comments:

Post a Comment