Friday, July 12, 2013

Review: Spirit (Elemental, #3) by Brigid Kemmerer


Spirit (Elemental #3) by Brigid Kemmerer


Goodreads Blurb

With power comes enemies. Lots of them.

Hunter Garrity just wants to be left alone. He’s learned the hard way that his unusual abilities come at a price. And he can’t seem to afford any allies.

He’s up to his neck in hostiles. His grandfather, spoiling for a fight. The Merrick brothers, who think he ratted them out. Calla, the scheming psycho who wants to use him as bait.

Then there’s Kate Sullivan, the new girl at school. She’s not hostile. She’s bold. Funny. Hot. But she’s got an agenda, too.

With supposedly secret powers rippling to the surface everywhere around him, Hunter knows something ugly is about to go down. But finding out what means he’ll have to find someone he can trust…






I kept delaying this book, because I wasn't sure if it'll be as great as the first two books. When I first heard of Hunter getting his own book I was all 'Yay! I can't wait for his story' but then I thought... wait a minute does that mean, we won't be seeing the Merrick brothers much? But after being hounded by my friends to go read it. I finally gave in. And man, oh man. Is it as good as the first two books! I love how we get an inside scoop into Hunter's life. I have definitely mis-judged him!

Hunter's a great guy, who is just trying to find himself and his role in a world that doesn't really make much sense to him, after being left to deal with it all when his father and uncle died. It seems like everything he knew is being put to the test. And his not so sure he knows what's right...and what's wrong anymore. His not so sure who are the good guys anymore...and who are the bad. I love how Brigid gives us an insight into his mind and his life. His always been a mystery to me and I love how we get to know him more and find out what makes him tick... And that, he isn't always what they make him up to be. His just confuse as to whose side he should stand on.


Kate is such a cool chick. I love how she can get through Hunter's walls when no one else can. There were times when I felt so bad for Hunter that I was so glad Kate was there for him. She seems to always be who Hunter turns to, even though she's a complete mystery to him. I guess maybe it's because she seems to have a similar past to Hunter that you don't even blink when they connect instanlty and you kind of understand them more when they re-tell their past to each other.

I also love how Hunter still has a friend in Gabriel even though you can't really tell. But then again with Gabriel you can't really tell what's going through his mind (unless you read his book that is ;-) ) 

I also adore how we still get to see Michael's caring and protective nature as we saw in Spark even though Hunter tried to kill him. Lol And I know they weren't in it much, but I like how Hannah and James (who is adorable by the way!) are being featured a part of the Merrick house hold. I hope that continues in the next books.

But enough of me pointing out everything I love. If you guys are still timid to read this book. Then here's your answer: GO and READ IT NOW!!! It has everything you loved in the first two books. It's got that kickass charm, hilarious moments, sweet moments or as sweet as it can be with guys. It has that drama we find so enduring, action scenes, and scenes where we've got tears in our eyes because Brigid's kickass story telling put it there. And of course swoon-worthy romance and does the Merrick Brothers count as a genre? Hmm...I think it should...

But with that ending I can't wait for the next novel in the series! And I really hope Hunter finds romance and happiness in the next two books. Because after everything he has been through, it is looooong over due! Haha









No comments:

Post a Comment