Tuesday, November 12, 2013

YA Review - The Sound by Sarah Alderson

The Sound by Sarah Alderson



The Sound

Goodreads Blurb


When aspiring music journalist Ren Kingston takes a job nannying for a wealthy family on the exclusive island of Nantucket, playground for Boston's elite, she's hoping for a low-key summer reading books and blogging about bands. Boys are firmly off the agenda.

What she doesn't count on is falling in with a bunch of party-loving private school kids who are hiding some dark secrets, falling (possibly) in love with the local bad boy, and falling out with a dangerous serial killer...

The gripping new stand-alone novel from the author of Hunting Lila. 





Loved it! I was a bit skeptical when I first started reading it. I'm not a real big fan of thrillers, which is what I thought the novel was going to be about when I read the prologue. But as I kept reading it, it kept getting more interesting and intriguing that I just couldn't put it down.

The characters are charming, different and relate-able to what you'd expect them to be, but with their own personality and quirks.

Our main girl, Ren, is down to earth, funny, lovable and sarcastic. But she also shows her soft side and she'll stick up for the people she cares about.

Jesse Miller, is not your typical guy. With everyone thinking his some sort of a psycho murderous guy, it's kind of a contradiction when we're meeting him in the eyes of Ren. His nothing like what everyone says he is. He's sweet, charming, flirty, protective, plays the guitar and is just insanely HOT! I also love how each meeting Ren has with Jesse, we get a chance to know him some more, which is why I fell for him more and more each time, that I kept looking forward to his scenes. Which just adds to the novels mystery about what is really going on in the small town. 

And of course add in the fact that there is a serial killer on the loose, someone I never predicted and just added to my surprise (the good kind. Not that the serial killer is good, but you know what I mean ;)) With so many surprises in the novel, I feel like Sarah didn't really explain why the serial killer started killing all those nannies, that much. I feel like she should have elaborated some more on that.

But all in all, this novel has got it all: romance, hilarious moments, suspense, mystery, surprises, drama and Sarah Alderson's trademark all rolled in one. If you haven't read it yet, than what are you waiting for?! It's a stand alone novel that will keep you up all night till you've read every last page. Yes it's that addictive! You've been warned ;-)


So what are you waiting for? Go get your copy now! =)











No comments:

Post a Comment